From God's Heart to Yours

Hello Naturals,

2020 has been such a roller coaster. No one would have predicted that these turn of events would have occurred, between The Outbreak and spread of COVID-19, quarantine, curfews, illicit police brutality, and social unrest. I believe now is the time for me to share a word that God instructed me to preach at a local bible study. My prayers are with you all...now more than ever.





I would like to start by asking a question, now this question is not attached nor entangled in
any theology or doctrine...just a question and I ask that we dig deep and answer honestly.

How have you been humbled during Quarantine?

And I follow, 
How have you been stretched? 
In what areas?
How have you been spending your time?
Have you used it to draw near to the Lord?

Once again, these questions are not attached to any theology nor is this article a
proud declaration stating that by allowing a pandemic God is trying to tell us something,
punish us for our sin,” etc.” But I might add...God is always trying to tell us something. He speaks
on the regular and we live in a world of trouble. The trouble that was promised since the day of
our births along with the signs of the Lord’s impending return. So do not fear or lose heart
because our Lord has already overcome the world. We serve the mighty victor and
we share in His victory because we believe in him and proclaim His truth. 

I circle back to ...How have you been spending your time?

If you are anything like me, you have been indulging in social media, thinking of new recipes to try
at home, dousing in Netflix, catching up on missed/overdue movies, shows, music, books,
and quality time with friends and family. In the words of Amy, “Trying to live our best Quarantined Life.”
Indeed, but I ask you. How much of this time have you allotted to the Father? To growing and learning
in the things of God? How many virtual services have you attended or if you’re like me...honestly again...
how many virtual services have you let pass or watch you for the sake of “Hey, I did it.” I can say I did it.
I can say I’ve read it. I can post it...or not. Mind you this is not an attempt to make us feel like bad
people. We are participants in an ongoing battle to get free, be free, stay free, grow, and continue to
grow. There is a war going on for our souls and not just our souls, but the souls and lives present in
this world. This is why I feel the Lord has sent this message for this group of people, for this time, and
this place. 

We are needed.

We’ve been waiting by the sidelines, weaving in and out for far too long. The Lord has need of us
and even more, as scripture is being fulfilled--literally, right before our eyes. We are needed,
my brother and my sister, as a beacon of hope. A beacon of light. A guide to salvation and
as a guide through salvation. No longer waiting for large exploits, but operating with full
intentionality through an extended hand, a compliment, an affirmation, a conversation,
a good deed--in obedience to God’s leading. Reaching upward and outward, but also
inward because how can we efficiently help someone else if we are not putting in the necessary
work to help ourselves. 

And I ask, How have you been spending your time?

Have you used any of it to draw nearer to the Lord? If we look into the patterns of God’s chosen people
we will see that in times of trouble they would fast and pray. Whether the situation was orchestrated by
God, allowed by God, and/or a repercussion of bad decisions, I believe we can all agree on their
pattern of behavior. The consistency of fasting and prayer. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people,
which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from
their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
I am happy that God’s responses of the New Testament are slightly different from the responses of
the Old because if the wellbeing of our country, our neighborhoods, friends, families, or worlds rested
on the hinges of our prayer closets...how many of our “lands” would be healed? Grace. We are needed
my brother and my sister and promises and mentally assenting to a stronger walk will no longer due.
We must understand that the desire to spend time with the Lord and grow in understanding does not
come by osmosis, or in this case, wishful thinking, but by action. By discipline. Spiritual discipline,
if you will. 

What is Spiritual Discipline?

Spiritual discipline is a practice that promotes spiritual growth among believers of Jesus Christ.
They are “muscle” building habits, practices, and experiences that are designed to develop, grow,
and strengthen certain qualities of the spirit. Workouts to “train” the soul (Love that!).
In 1 Corinthians 9:27, The Apostle Paul pens, “I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do
what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.”
If there is anyone that I would want to be like, besides Jesus of course, is the Apostle Paul.
Like Jesus, He too understood the importance of spiritual discipline in this walk.

What are spiritual disciplines and how can I apply them to my life?      

If we take a closer look at the life of Jesus, we can definitely extract the disciplines that aided his
strength and character here on earth.

Some of which, include: 
  • Prayer
  • Worship
  • Evangelism
  • Serving
  • Stewardship
  • Fasting
  • Solitude
  • Journaling
  • Learning
  • Perseverance


God is calling for not just more believers in this battle for life in death, but more Disciplined believers.
From looking at this list, I can definitely see that we fit the majority, if not all of the criteria that I have
named, even in this setting. After all, we pray with our mentees, we evangelize them, serve them
cookies, steward our time to commit to meeting with them and writing them letters, we study
the bible, and persevere through distractions, cancellations, and even disappointments and heartbreak
as we try to break through to them. It is through these spiritual disciplines that we are strengthened and
able to lead in the way that we do. 

We rejoice in the sacrifice, progress, and commitment that we’ve made; however, our duty does not start nor end here.

It is through these spiritual disciplines that we are able to grow deeper roots in this truth.
It is through these spiritual disciplines that we are to be humbled into a state of obedience.
It is through these spiritual disciplines that will place us in the position to be used. 

Act 6 reads, “ In those days, as the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint
by the Hellenistic Jews against the Hebraic Jews that their widows were being overlooked in the daily
distribution. Then the Twelve summoned the whole company of the disciples and said, “It would not
be right for us to give up preaching about God to handle financial matters. Therefore  brothers, select
from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and wisdom, whom we can appoint to
this duty...the men were chosen by that criteria, they were prayed for and in verse 7) The preaching
about God flourished, the number of the disciplines in Jerusalem multiplied greatly, and a large group
of priests became obedient to the faith.” 

I ask you, What widows are being looked over in our daily distribution?

I believe that we are examples of appointed men fit for a time and season as this, but it also shows us
that appointing is done in times of need. Are we available, are we full of faith, are we obedient, are we
usable? God is calling for His people to be more useful. Being mature in the faith, it is not new to us
that this walk with Christ is not an easy one. With that being said, we must throw away the idea and
false expectation that life is supposed to be easy. It’s ok. We’re eating meat now. We’re eating protein.
In that protein, are we able to stand and not be thrown which or what ways by the wind. We’ve grown
to understand that storms WILL come. It is through discipline that we have been able to prepare,
plant ourselves, and extend roots needed for later storms. It is through these spiritual disciplines that
we will lead a life that will inspire others to do the same. It is situations like these that should draw us
to the feet of Jesus as we learn to submit our hearts wholeheartedly to His will and His way. 

I ask you, “How have you been spending your time?”


Once again, this question is not to shame you. If you are anything like me you have thought and
said over and over again, “I will do more when I have time.”  Well, now you do.  


Be encouraged.
Be Blessed, but most importantly Be a Blessing.



Remember to Like, Share, and Comment!
Also, Follow me on Social MediaIG & FB: @thenaturalmindedsoul
Twitter: @naturalmindsoul
Subscribe to my  channel on Youtube; The Natural-Minded Soul
My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen. -1 Corinthians 16:24

Copyright © 2020 The Natural-Minded Soul. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M&M Vlog: How BIG Is God's Throne on Your Heart

2020 Vision