To be or not to be...Natural?


That is the question.



I mean "natural" natural. Not just a hair preference, but a lifestyle preference. As we begin the journey of “naturalizing” ourselves spiritually, psychologically, & mentally it is only natural, no pun intended, to progress towards a physical naturalization. Transitioning into a Natural lifestyle may manifest itself quicker through the physical aspect. I.e. choosing a Peach mango smoothie w/ Greek yogurt over a greasy burger or slice of pizza. The healthier alternative is a quick meal replacement that will give you tons of energy, refresh you, and works well with your body; while, the burger or slice of pizza will leave you tired and weighed down. You’ll see the benefits within half an hour, at the least. It's an organic transition to also apply your new found knowledge to your body as you learn and apply to the other areas of your life.

Now the real question.


Is natural for you? 
Once again, I am not referring to a hair maintenance preference, although I have been “natural” for about 8 years and it was one of the best decisions that I have made lol Should you take on the challenge of melting off all the layers of your falsified self. Are you willing to change things that you may identify yourself with? For example, when choosing to “go natural’ some women transition, whereas others do what we call a “big chop.” Bless their hearts…I never had the courage. I have always had long hair. I believed that my hair was my crowning glory. I am not “thick” or voluptuous like other girls, so I prided myself on having long hair and a pretty face. (Which is the core of a slew of problems that we will tackle later)  To cut my hair off completely would have altered my self esteem because my hair was everything to me.

I've said this to say.

This journey is not easy. You may have to “cut off your hair.” But in the end, it will be worth it. I’m happy that I trusted God with my heart and allowed Him to teach me how to love Him, others, and ultimately myself. In learning to love myself I have learned that God made no mistakes. Even my shortcomings are perfected in Him. I no longer feel the pressure to be perfect nor am I deceived to believe that a component of me, i.e. my hair, should hold so much power. It’s like worshiping the sun. Why worship the sun when God made it? Worship the creator. The greatest entity of all.  
As I post my journey, I encourage you to start your own. Just know that it will not always be easy and will take a real commitment. Having a true relationship with God should not be predicated on your emotions, so when you feel down or it seems like life is getting the upper hand


PUSH THROUGH!


In my testimonies to come, I will share that some of my greatest accomplishments were preceded by a HUGE trial of Faith. You are an Overcomer! Now choose to Win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From God's Heart to Yours

2020 Vision

M&M Vlog: How BIG Is God's Throne on Your Heart